we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Friday, 7 November 2008

Labour vs National

Blue or red.

Liberal or conservative.

It's election time.

The Obama vs McCain battle has overshadowed NZ's own little democratic battleground, and some analysts are going so far as to suggest the liberal victory in the USA might cause voters here to follow suit - but I'm really not sure.

I'm firmly a Greens supporter, and would pick Labour over National every time.

In previous years, I have always shied away from political discussions, only having a very brief outline of different parties and their policies - but this year, I decided it was time a took a serious look at politics in Aotearoa. After several hours on the internet, I reached the aforementioned decision.

I found 'If politicians were cars' particularly enjoyable.
http://www.decision08.co.nz/Features/IfPoliticianswereCars/tabid/209/Default.aspx

If only I were voting age...

No comments: